Tuesday, December 20, 2005

First Posting

This is my first time blogging. Of all people, my mother (Miss I Don't Do Technology) got me to try it out. Right now I'm rushing around trying to get all of my Christmas presents wrapped and sorted before we have to leave. It's been a little crazy this year and I made a no bows decision. It sure saves a lot of time. It doesn't look quite as nice, but , oh well. My family will probably be shocked. This will be the first year since I started buying my own Christmas presents that they won't be beautifully wrapped and ribboned. Can you tell, I'm a little obsessed over this? But I just don't have time to do it, so I'll just write about how I wish I did. You're probably thinking -- well just quit typing and slap a few bows on a few presents right now. In the time it takes to write this I could probably do one or two, but who would I choose? I don't like to use the self sticking bows, so I'd have to cut ribbon, tie it, puff it out, curl it, and make it look nice. Okay, I think I got it out of my system. No bows this year. I can wait until next year.

3 comments:

susan grimm said...

The best thing about the gift (although the bow is perky) is when the giver is stretching out offering it (like love).

K8inNYC said...

Darn, I wasn't the first person to post a comment. Oh well. I totally agree with brontesis... it was beautifully said. She should be a poet or something :)

mary grimm said...

I only did bows for at-home presents this year--no traveling bows!