Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Trees are in flower



It was such a beautiful day today. I count myself lucky that I live in such a beautiful area -- that I can enjoy the beauty and wonder of nature right in my own back yard, or front yard as the case may be.
The landscape picture is a view from my front porch. The other is a close up of leaves just beginning to emerge. I wish I could add the smell. It's a wonderful mix of flowers that is so fragrant and refreshing. Flowering in the picture are dogwood and hawthorn (or crab apple if you prefer.) There are many others in smelling distance though. I think the hawthorn is strongest right now, with the viburnum a close second. And that's just the flowering trees. I could wax on a much longer, but I will contain myself.

2 comments:

mary grimm said...

That leaf picture is a dynamite photo.
Viburnum--I still can remember exactly the smell of the viburnum by grandma's patio, and the creamy blooms, which I think had a bit of pink at the base of each tiny flower.

susan grimm said...

I was just going to say that viburnum always reminds me of the Brecksville house.