Saturday, January 21, 2006

Had a date night with my husband tonight and it was great. I didn't realize how much I missed spending time with just him. We really haven't had much time alone since our son was born. Of course, I missed him while he was gone, and we both talked about him. But all of our attention and focus wasn't on him for a change. We dropped him off at my sister's house then came back home and had dinner and watched a movie. Things we do with around all the time, but different without him there.He had a great time playing and having fun at my sister's. He didn't miss us when we dropped him off, and was reluctant to leave all the cool toys when we came to pick him back up.

It's a double edged sword -- wanting your child to be independent and able to fair on his own, and wanting him to miss you, or at least think of you while your gone. I think we have a pretty independent spirit.

1 comment:

mary grimm said...

Tell me about it! (Independence vs. need, I mean.)
And Z does need a lot of attention and focus, doesn't he?