Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sick, Sick, Sick

I hate being sick. It's even worse when everyone else in the house is sick. You just don't get any sympathy. No one to take care of you. You just have to fend for yourself. It's even worse with a baby in the house. He's sick, too, but doesn't seem to know it. He's been a bundle of energy, but has been very good at keeping himself entertained while I watch from my chair and occasionally smile. I'm feeeling better. I plan to go back to work tomorrow. But it has not been very satisfying being at home sick. It's hard to explain -- it's like you need this time to just hole up and do nothing but respond to your poor, tired, sick body, and even though I feel better, I didn't really get to do that. Oh, well. I'm sure my Mom would say, "Welcome to Motherhood."

1 comment:

mary grimm said...

No such unkind comment!
One of my vivid memories of grandma was when I had the flu sometime in my twenties--the kind of flu where you can't do much more than lift your head up to drink some water. She came over and organized everything, made dinner, took care of you and Sue, cleaned all the things I had neglected. It was a wonderful feeling.