Friday, January 13, 2006

Warm and Clean

It was such a beautiful day today. It's hard to beleive it's January. My son and I went for a wagon walk around our property and didn't have to wear jackets. The sun was even shining! He loves to ride in the wagon and watch the dogs as they run ahead and explore every nook and cranny along the way. Today he decided it would be fun to play drop the toy on the path. We made the best use of our day. Especially since there's a chance of snow tomorrow.

I shovelled out my office today. I can actually walk in without tripping over anything. Now I have to work on the desk and shelf surfaces. It seems like a never ending project. There's always something new coming in to fill my desk, the floor, etc... My husband brings anything in here that's mine when he gets tired of looking at it out in the living room. I have two boxes full of stuff, but I don't remember what's in the boxes and don't feel like moving the stuff off the top of the boxes to find out. I used to be a little more of a neat freak, but my limited extra free time has made me change my ways. Not that it doesn't bother me sometimes, but, hey, I'd much rather be fooling around online or reading a book when I have a spare moment than cleaning up around the house.

2 comments:

susan grimm said...

I love that you said "We made the best use of our day." A way to live life!

mary grimm said...

Hey--I'm doing that today, shoveling out my office, that is.
And you can thank me for subtly planting that attitude on housecleaning during your formative years.