Saturday, March 04, 2006

Futility At Work


Why does it seem like I can never get anything done? I sit down at my desk and find ways to waste time. I would think with my now limited amount of time to do things that I would be a little better at getting things done when I have the chance. As you can see I am now writing here instead of a list of things a mile long I should be doing. I have good intentions, but then I get caught up in something else. At least I haven't resorted to Spider Solitare yet. I usually only get there when I'm just on the Internet and waiting forever for pages to load, or when I'm really procrastinating. I have piles of stuff I need to go through. More piles of studd I need to file. Tax stuff to do. Bills to pay. Argh! Just thinking of it is making me want to crack out the solitare game. It also happens to be nice and sunny, if a bit chilly outside. But my son is sleeping, so I should take advantage of this time to get things done that I can't do when he's around. He likes to mess up the piles I have on the floor. Sometimes he will wander off with something, and I'll find a printer cable or the stamp dispenser in the living room. If you can't tell from the picture, I also was feeling ambitious while out shopping yesterday and decided to try my hand at scrapbooking. We'll see how that goes. Okay, now I'm really going to get something done.

3 comments:

mary grimm said...

Hey--this looks like my desk! Except there aren't enough post-its and water bottles and empty tea cups with dregs going moldy in them.

susan grimm said...

If it's any comfort, I always think of you as wonderfully orderly. Yesterday my hairdresser told me how she went on an ordering binge, cleaning all of the attics and closets in her house and installing protectors and stackers and what have you while her husband was out of town. I felt guilty about all my secret messes.

VFox said...

I try to stay publicly organized and organized at work, but I never seem to be able to keep up with it at home.