Sunday, March 12, 2006

Rainy Day Musings

My son is sleeping and its rainy. What better time to do nothing? Okay posting is not nothing. It is a way to free myself from some of the things floating around in my mind. Do you ever feel like there are so many things in there that you may never get to see them all? I used to release this pent up feeling of things exploding in my brain by writing, but now I don't have the time. I have so many things going on, so many things to do, and these things pile more stuff into my brain, it's a wonder I haven't cracked up. If you ever see a woman with a blank stare walking down the street it could be -- after the crack up. After everything has exploded out of my mind into the fog around us. Maybe that's why it was so foggy yesterday -- a fog of thoughts and feelings released into the atmosphere. A built up pressure of too much stuff that is finally able to see the light of day, only to dissipate once the sun shines through it. Some thoughts are like that -- once you bring them out in the light of day, once practicality and common sense chime in, they evaporate like the remnants of a dream. Then some day in the far future you read about, or hear about, or see your thought brought to the light again by some other, more persistent visionary, and you think, boy that seems familiar, didn't I ..., but no life is to busy for you to remember those half thoughts. People who lives are slower, more in tune with themselves and everything around them, can go around and spool up all those loose memories. They pull together an unknown and unwitting collaboration of the world's thought detritus and make it into something that no one could conceive.

1 comment:

mary grimm said...

Lovely writing, spooky and lyrical.